Vetericyn Animal Wellness is excited to announce the 2018 Vetericyn’s Future Innovators of Agriculture Scholarship! A $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to one graduating high school senior to help in their pursuit of higher education in the field of agriculture, including animal health and food science.
Conditions of Eligibility
- Applicants must be graduating high school seniors with plans to enroll in a 2 or 4 year university, vocational, trade or technical school in an agricultural discipline.
- Proof of enrollment as a full-time student will be required.
- Students must have an overall GPA of at least 3.0.
- Applicants must be US citizens.
- Applicants must have demonstrated a commitment to agriculture through classes, internships and/or life experiences.
- Submissions will open November 1st, 2017 and close on March 31st, 2018.
Please read carefully. All entries are reviewed prior to judging, and those that do not adhere to the rules will not be considered. No late entries will be accepted.
To enter, please answer the following questions as directed:
Short Answer–answers to all three short answer questions must not exceed one page.
- Short answer (75-250 words): What volunteer, community service, or work experience have you done to prepare yourself in the agricultural field?
- Short answer (75-250 words): Tell us about a pivotal moment in your life that helped shape your career goals in agriculture.
- Short answer (75-250 words): What technological breakthrough of the last 10 years do you believe to be very impactful in the field of agriculture and why?
Long Answer–answer to essay question must not exceed one page.
- What are the biggest challenges facing agriculture today and what would you do to affect positive change?
Answers must be your original work and grammatically correct with proper spelling. All submissions must be typed on 8 1/2 x 11 page size using either Times New Roman or Arial font set to 12 pt. and single spaced with 1” margins. Please add your initials to the top right-hand corner of each page.
For confidentiality in judging, please do NOT include any personal identification (name, address, phone, signature, photo, etc.) in your essay. Please, NO PHOTOS.
How To Enter
- Essays must include a cover page that lists: Name, address, phone number, email address. Please type your initials in the top right-hand corner of each page of the essays. No PHOTOS.
- Only one submission per student.
- If emailing your entry, please send a Microsoft Word or PDF document to email@example.com
- If mailing your entry, please mail printed, 8 1/2 x 11 copies to: Vetericyn Animal Wellness, Attn: Scholarship Committee, 3546 N. Riverside Ave., Rialto, CA 92377
- All entries must be received by 11:59 pm PST on March 31, 2018.
- Once the scholarship committee receives your application, an email confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. If you don’t see it, please check your email spam or junk filters.
- Judging will be conducted by a panel of Vetericyn employees.
- Scores for the scholarship essays will be based on originality, clarity, meaningful content, critical thinking, and grammar.
- All information sources must be properly cited.
- Applicants must adhere to all scholarship rules to prevent disqualification.
- Vetericyn’s internal auditor will tabulate the results and declare the winner. All decisions are final.
- Winner will be notified and announced by May 1, 2018. Winner will need to complete a final scholarship form verifying contact and personal information.
- Winner must begin studies within one year of High School graduation or they may be required to forfeit the award in the absence of extenuating circumstances.
- Winner must be enrolling or are enrolled as full-time students at any vocational, trade, 2-year or 4-year college.
- Scholarship funds will be forwarded after Vetericyn receives written proof of enrollment from a college registrar. At that time, the winner’s check will be made payable to both the winner and the college, and mailed to the winner.
- Funds are to be used only for tuition, room and board, or book and educational supply expenses.
- All scholarship entries become the exclusive property of Vetericyn and will not be returned. Winners agree to provide Vetericyn with a photo that can be used to promote the scholarship program.
Vetericyn (Innovacyn, Inc.) has the ultimate authority to amend any of the above rules to ensure fairness in the awarding of the scholarships. Any questions regarding the scholarships should be addressed in writing to the address mentioned above.