Please read carefully. All entries are reviewed prior to judging. Those that do not adhere to the rules will not be considered. No late entries will be accepted.
Conditions of Eligibility
- Applicants must be graduating high school seniors with plans to enroll in a 2 or 4 year university, vocational, trade or technical school in an agricultural or veterinary discipline.
- Proof of enrollment as a full-time student will be required.
- Students must have an overall GPA of at least 3.0, transcripts will be required.
- Applicants must be US citizens.
- Applicants must have demonstrated a commitment to agriculture through classes, internships, volunteer hours, and/or life experiences.
- Submissions will open January 1st, 2023 and close March 15th, 2023.
- Judging will be conducted by a panel of Vetericyn employees.
- Scoring is based on originality, clarity, meaningful content, critical thinking, and grammar.
- All information sources must be properly cited.
- Answers must be your original work and grammatically correct with proper spelling.
- Applicants must adhere to all scholarship rules to prevent disqualification.
- Vetericyn’s internal auditor will tabulate the results and declare the winner. All decisions are final.
- Winner will be notified and announced by May 1, 2023.
- Winner will need to complete a final scholarship form verifying contact and personal information.
- Winner must begin studies within one year of High School graduation or they may be required to forfeit the award in the absence of extenuating circumstances.
- Winner must be enrolling or enrolled as a full-time student at any vocational, trade, 2-year or 4-year college.
- Winner will be required to submit educational transcripts for proof of GPA eligibility.
- Scholarship funds will be forwarded after Vetericyn receives written proof of enrollment from a college registrar. At that time, the winner’s check will be made payable to both the winner and the college.
- Check will be mailed to the address provided by the winner.
- Funds are to be used only for tuition, room and board, or book and educational supply expenses.
- All scholarship entries become the exclusive property of Vetericyn and will not be returned.
- Winners agree to provide Vetericyn with a photo and short biography that can be used to promote the scholarship program.
How To Enter
- Submit your scholarship application using our online application worksheet found below.
- Complete the scholarship application and upload your essay in PDF (preferred) or Word format using the upload link in the survey.
- Only one submission per student. Application and essay must be complete to be valid.
- All entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm PST on March 15, 2023.
Please answer the following questions as directed and have final document ready to upload when filling out the online scholarship application.
Formatting: All submissions must be set up as an 8 1/2 x 11 document using Times New Roman or Arial font at 12 pt. and single spaced with 1” margins. Please add your initials to the top right-hand corner of each page. Save as PDF (preferred) or Word document.
Question 1: Short Answer–your answer to this question must be no more than 250 words and use the format above:
What is a life experience that has helped shaped your commitment to seeking a career in agriculture or veterinary science?
Question 2: Long Answer–your answer to this question must not exceed one page and use the format above.
Please discuss a recent technological innovation or advancement you believe will impact your field of choice. Choosing one discipline of agriculture, food, or veterinary science, explain how the technology will affect change in your chosen industry as a whole and how it will impact your future career in agriculture.
Vetericyn Animal Wellness (Innovacyn, Inc.) has the ultimate authority to amend any of the above rules to ensure fairness in the awarding of the scholarships. Any questions regarding the scholarships should be addressed in writing to Vetericyn Scholarship, 3546 N. Riverside Ave., Rialto, CA 92377 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “2023 Scholarship” in the subject line.